Sunday, February 17, 2013

Got any GUTS

So this is new.

I just heard of an Ultimate Frisbee game called "guts."  I don't know much about it, and hadn't heard of it until this week. What I do know is that it's a game where pain and suffering are just an accepted part of it.

Apparently the game is the frisbee version of dodgeball. Two teams lineup across from each other, with one team throwing it as hard as they can at the other. The receiving team must catch the disc with one hand to score a point. If the don't then the other team scores.

This may seem easy, but with little time to react to the disc, catching is no easy task. Also, from what I'm told, the game is known for causing bruises on those who aren't fast enough to catch it or get out of the way.

I am anxious to give the game a chance, but something in the back of my head tells me that this is a terrible idea.

However, it may just be one of those ideas that is so bad I have to try it. At least once.

If anyone reading has heard of or played Guts please comment, and tell me what it's like. I want know.

No comments:

Post a Comment